White Collar Factory
- Client: Derwent London
- Architect: AHMM
- Structural Engineer: AKT II
- M&E Engineer: Arup
- Project Manager: Jackson Coles
- Contractor: Brookfield Multiplex
- Location: London
New 16-storey building at the heart of Old Street Yard in London’s emerging Tech City quarter.
Sturgis Carbon Profiling carried out carbon assessments for both the White Collar Factory and Buildings 2-6 Old Street Yard according to BS EN 15978, CEN TC 350 and associated relevant Standards. A number of carbon reduction options were analysed and incorporated, illustrating how emissions reductions could be achieved by the design team.
- Design stage assessment
- Over 70 carbon reduction options for 44% of embodied carbon
- Embodied carbon reduction by 2,800 TCO2e over 60 years, with potential to reduce this further by over 15,000 TCO2e
- Input to BREEAM Ene04 Life Cycle Assessment Study of Low or Zero Carbon system