UKGBC Office Fitout
- Client: UK Green Building Council
- Architect: Barr Gazetas
- M&E Engineer: Cundall
- Project Manager: Currie & Brown
- Contractor: Morgan Lovell
- Location: Central London
UK-GBC London headquarters upgrade delivers the lowest carbon footprint in UK.
Sturgis Carbon Profiling was commissioned by UK Green Building Council as Carbon Consultant to assist the design teams on emissions reduction strategies and produce the carbon budget of the office fitout. SCP provided advice on low-carbon, innovative materials targeting reusability, recyclability and durability.
The project’s key achievements include:
- The Embodied Carbon emissions were reduced by 22% compared to a standard office fitout in the UK
- 99% of construction wasted were diverted from landfill
- 98% of the current fit out was reused, repurposed or recycled
- New materials were locally sourced with high recycled content and recyclability, each with an ‘end of life’ plan
- 48% reduction of operation carbon emissions through LED lighting
- Minimisation of VOCs from materials used
You can read relevant Press coverage by following the links to UKGBC website.