T2 King’s Cross
- Client & Project Manager: Argent
- Architect: Bennetts Associates
- Structural Engineer: Ramboll
- M&E Engineer: Cundall
- Location: London
Embodied and Whole Life Carbon reduction strategy for the new 12-storey mixed-use two-building scheme at the northern end of the King’s Cross site in Central London.
From Stage 1 through Practical Completion, SCP’s involvement includes:
- Preliminary embodied carbon appraisal of structure and cladding options
- Low carbon advice and embodied carbon comparative studies throughout Stage 2
- Design team workshops to identify opportunities for embodied carbon reduction of the building by considering design optimisation, material specs coordination and construction efficiency
- Liaise with the design team to identify which measures can be adopted focusing on durability, future adaptability, demountability, recycling and cost benefit principles
- Supervision of design specification process in order to monitor all the required measures to achieve the proposed embodied carbon reduction target
- Stage 3 Carbon Budget and carbon reduction option strategy and definition of carbon target
- Contribution to BREEAM ‘Material’ and ‘Waste’ credits
© Miller Hare
Currently through the Technical Design stage.
SCP is working closely to the design team and contractor in order to steer the project advancement.