- Client: Land Securities
- Architect: PLP & Flanagan Lawrence
- Structural Engineer: Robert Bird Group
- M&E Engineer: Aecom & Hilson Moran
- Project Manager: EC Harris & MACE
- Contractor: MACE
- Location: London
Scheme of four new office buildings and a 170 unit residential block occupying an island site opposite Victoria station. The completed scheme provides a spectacular 726,000 ft2 mix of retail, residential, office and public amenity space.
Sturgis Carbon Profiling was commissioned by Land Securities to carry out a Whole-life Carbon Assessment for Nova Victoria and to establish a robust Carbon LCA benchmark for the client.
- Life Cycle Inventory analysis (LCI) that assesses and identifies all the building products and components from which emissions are generated
- Life Cycle Impact Assessment (LCIA) that quantifies these emission streams in terms of the Global Warming Potential (GWP100) (Kg CO2 -equivalents/Kg gas)
- Life Cycle interpretation that carries out a brief interpretation of the benchmark
- Recycled content calculation based on WRAP Net Waste Method
Embodied Carbon reduction measures for this project project amounted to some 15%-20%, could be over 30,000 TCO2e, exceeding the total Part L regulated emissions of the development during its life cycle.