RICS Non Domestic Real Estate Climate Change Model
- Issue Date: July 2011
- Publication: RICS Research
This scoping research report was commissioned by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors to quantify and predict the impacts of climate change on UK non domestic property.
Specifically, the report sets out to:
- Establish the effects of external temperature rises on carbon emissions from the UK commercial real estate sector
- Establish trends for the different use classes
- Identify the building-specific and locational characteristics that determine building-related emissions
- Assess the importance of the behavioral aspects of climate change
- Explore the impacts of time effects on building-related emissions
- Establish a business case for the mandatory roll out of Display Energy Certificates across all sectors
This report has lead to a wider Europe Wide Report of 2015.
You can read the report here.