Gatwick Embodied Carbon Policy and Masterplan
- Client: Gatwick Airport Ltd
- Location: London
Development of the policy to establish the rules and targets to reduce the airport’s embodied carbon emissions, together with the GIS tools and masterplan to manage embodied carbon emissions and monitor progress against targets.
- Review of existing data, policies and guidelines
- Engagement and consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Policy formulation: Objective, Scope, KPIs, Targets, Actions
- Focus in Circular Economy and Carbon-Cost efficiency indicators
- Flexible approach for future scope expansion
- GIS masterplan of Gatwick Estate
- Calculate carbon footprint of existing assets, including buildings, hard surfaces and green areas
- Define accounting tools to record carbon impact of Gatwick’s Capital Investment Program
- Inventory of materials and components in each asset to allow for circular use of assets and program interventions
Watch here Simon Sturgis talking on carbon management and the circular economy as has been applied to Gatwick airport.